A recliner is more than just a chair. It is a piece of furniture that can make a positive impact in your life, especially if you are someone who appreciates the small comforts of life or need help alleviating back pain.
A recliner allows you to sit up straight as you would with a regular chair, but it also allows you the opportunity to extend the back of the chair so you can find a position that best suits your needs and desired comfort level.
Today, we will be reviewing the X best recliner chairs UK, so you can narrow down your choices and find what will work the best in your home.
1. More4Homes Selby Bonded Leather Recliner | Armchair Sofa Chair
- This stunning new Selby Pushback Recliner Armchair has been developed to the highest standards, providing strength, durability and supreme comfort.
- This model offers soft padding, excellent lumbar support and a recline function.
- To use the high-quality Pushback Mechanism, place your hands on the arm rests of the recliner. In conjunction with pushing forward on the arms lean backwards using your bodyweight to recline the chair.
This is considered one of the best recliner chairs in the Norton line and is part of their Premiere Collection because of the unsurpassed comfort this recliner offers.
It is a compact size chair and will fit in nicely in any space, even if you don’t have a lot of room to spare. It is upholstered in a soft bonded leather material and has cushioned foam arms and a pillow back that offers superior support. As a result, it ensures you’ll not experience pains and aches while sitting on it and watching a full-featured movie.
With its supportive seating, you won’t be surprised to find yourself leaning back and lounging in comfort for hours on end. It offers the right amount of comfort and support when you need it the most.
This Norton leather recliner chair also features a push-back reclining mechanism and allows you to use your bodyweight to recline the chair. The footrest also rises in unison with the reclining back.
To get back to an upright position, simply push down on the footrest and lock it back into place with your legs.
- Suitable for most living rooms
- Slimline design
- Provides lumbar support
- Intuitive and Sturdy
- no cup holder
2. Morris Living Electric Riser Recliner | Lift and Tilt Rise Mobility Chair
- Single motor smooth rise and recline action
- Simple two button remote control
- Weight limit 23 stone (145 kg)
If you face mobility limitations, then this may be the recliner chair you have been searching for. The Tetbury recliner chair has a single motor and is incredibly easy to operate. It has a two-button handset and allows for quiet and smooth operation.
The single motor makes it easy to rise to your feet, so getting out of the chair is effortless. You can get this recliner in either a beige or chocolate colour. It features naturally woven fabric material that adds to its comfort. The padded backrest offers even more support.
Although it’s easy to assemble, you can get assistance from the company if you find you can’t do it yourself.
If you’re an ultra-modern individual, then you may find it a bit of old-fashioned for your personal tastes. Still, the neat scroll arm detail is a definite plus when it comes to the overall style of this particular recliner.
- Motorized reclining chair
- Quiet and effortless to use
- Useful handset
- Comes with assembly service
- A bit outdated in design
3. Yaheetech Recliner Armchair
- Easy to assemble: Assembly is required but very simple. This recliner comes in two parts, backrest and base part, which only takes you a few minutes to put them together and also easy to disassemble if needed.
- Sturdy home-use recliner: This adjustable recliner is constructed of strong composite wood frame, naturally soft rayon fibers, water-resistant and easy-to-clean PU & PVC leather. The robust recliner sofa is capable of holding up 120 kg/265 lb.
- Three relaxation modes: You can enjoy your favorite sitting positions on this adjustable reclining chair, no matter you prefer sitting up straight or with your legs up or lying flat. By a simple pushing at the backrest, the footrest instantly pops up and stops at any angle from 0 to 90 degrees.
This recliner chair from the Yaheetech brand is easy to assemble. It comes in two parts: the backrest and the base. It takes minutes to assemble and is also easy to disassemble and move if need be.
It is an adjustable recliner chair made from a strong wood composite frame, soft rayon fibres, and water-resistant and easy to clean PU and PVC leather materials.
You will find three different relaxation modes with this recliner, so you can find your favourite setting while either sitting up or reclining with your legs out. All you have to do to recline is push at the backrest. The footrest immediately pops up and can stop at any angle between 0 to 90 degrees.
The pocket spring coils and thick high-density foam used in its construction lends to its overall comfort and quality. It offers full comfort and support for a better sitting and lounging experience in the home.
The feet of this recliner are also protected with non-marking pads, so you don’t have to worry about it scratching your hard floor surfaces.
- Curved and widened armrests for more arm support
- Adjustable footrests
- Strong support and heavy-duty hardware
- Soft cushioned seating
- Easy to assemble
- May slip when in its further recline, instead of locking in place
- Smaller than you may anticipate
4. SoBuy New Comfortable Relax Lounge Chair Recliner
- Relaxing rocking chair with comfortable cushion.
- Integrated footrest, adjust to 5 positions to meet different demands.
- Armrest Frame: Birch veneer, clear acrylic lacquer. Cover is washable by upholstery shampoo.
If you are looking for a smaller and more affordable and nontraditional reclining chair option in the UK, then you will find it here. This comfortable, relaxing recliner chair from SoBuy has a footrest and comfortable cushion.
The footrest can be adjusted to five different positions to meet all your relaxing and lounging demands. The armrest frame of this reclining chair features a birch veneer and clear acrylic lacquer. The chair cover is washable.
There are mats on the bottom of this chair to prevent any damage to the floors when it is moved. It is the perfect chair for relaxing in the home and is further coveted for its simplistic and stylish looks.
- Affordable option
- Strong build
- Simple Assembly
- While comfortable, the chair may sit too far back, making it hard to sit straight up
- Thin cushion
5. D Pro 10 in 1 Winged Leather Recliner Chair
- Rock, Swivel, Recline the choice is yours with this highly versatile chair. Pull the leaver, put your feet up, turn on the massage and forget about the world as you relax the stress away.
- Gently rock to and fro, you can not image how comforting and relaxing this is, also perfect for a nursing chair. The heated seat is ideal in the winter or to comfort an aching back and shoulders.
- Fancy watching a movie, well this is the ideal chair, just think... make your favourite drink, place it in the drink holder, swivel to the perfect angle, pull the latch to recline slightly. Watch, relax, drink and enjoy.
With the D Pro 10 in 1 Winged Leather Recliner Chair, you will find the best when it comes to comfort, durability, and style. With this chair, you can rock, swivel, and recline. It is a highly versatile option that will not disappoint. It can also be used as a nursing chair. It is the ideal chair for relaxing, lounging, nursing, reading, and watching a movie, or whatever else you want to do to pass the time.
It features a winged backrest, 8 point massage function, heated seat, rocker, 360-degree swivel, left and right drink holder, front pockets, and side pocket. It is easy to assemble and comes in two sections.
This chair allows you to keep everything you would ever need within arm’s reach and does not sacrifice comfort for functionality. The two-button controller makes this chair easy to operate. The pull handle can be used to adjust the chair as well, so you can find the most comfortable position possible.
The soft foam padding and pillow back support offer more comfort and excellent lumbar support for when you need it the most.
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to control with two-button controller
- Heats and massages
- Cup holders
- Storage pockets
- Can’t lock it in place to keep it from rocking
What to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Recliner Chairs UK
When you are faced with an abundance of choices, it can be hard to narrow your options down. For this reason, it is important to learn what you should keep in mind before making a big purchase like this.
Below, you will find a few things you will want to consider before purchasing from our list of the best recliner chairs UK.
Space is a big one. You don’t want to buy a recliner that is too big and takes up the space. You also need to make sure you have ample room to actually recline. So, when measuring, make sure to measure all sides and take into account the space that is needed when it is in the upright as well as reclined positions.
Since you will be sitting in the recliner often, you want to make sure it is a good fit for your particular body size. Your feet should hit the floor while you are sitting in the recliner while you are in an upright seated position. Your head should also rest comfortably on the headrest.
The gap between the seat and the leg rest or footstool should also be five inches or less; otherwise, it may pose a safety hazard for pets and small children.
Plush padding for a recliner is something that many people look for because they want something comfortable for lounging and relaxing. However, you also want to consider just how durable those materials are as well. Are they easy to clean?
Find a recliner that uses durable quality upholstery. It should be stain-resistant and easy to care for. You want it to retain its plush appearance, even when it is subjected to daily use. High-density foam cushions are also a must because they will keep their shape over time instead of decompressing and going flat.
You should also be on the lookout for heavy screws, quiet motors, easy to use levers and handles, and high-quality construction.
Of course, you don’t want to cheat when it comes to style either. Find a recliner chair that fits your style and space and adds value to the room. Some prefer the more classic and traditional look of a big and comfy recliner, while others may be looking for something more compact and relaxed without that overstuffed aesthetic.
For a traditional and classic appeal, look for a leather or textured microfiber material as well as the superior comfort of a lot of padding and cushion.
If you are looking for something more contemporary and sleek, then consider a trim recliner with clean lines, angular edges, and a more compact appearance.
You also have your budget to keep in mind. Once you nail down a budget, you can then narrow down your choices. Remember, though, if you want the higher quality features like heated seats, massage, cup holders, and storage pockets, you may be paying more for these perks.
Types of Recliners
You should also consider the many different types of recliners there are. When you know the features of each, it can help you decide which features you are most interested in.
Standard Three Way or Two Position Recliner
This kind of recliner offers you casual comfort with the look and feel you would expect. This is an affordable recliner option and offer maximum comfort.
High Leg Recliner
This is the more stylish option and is often also one of the more expensive options. However, there are more styles to choose from including a more transitional style to something much more contemporary. These recliners use a push back mechanism, so there is no visible handle that interferes with the looks of the chair.
If you have limited mobility, then a lift recliner is something to consider. They are also sometimes referred to as a riser recliner chair. It uses a motor to raise you from a seated position to an upright and standing position. It is a powered lift mechanism that makes it easy to get in and out of the chair.
A swivel recliner allows you to move and pivot in whatever direction you need to. You are not limited to forward facing only. However, sometimes you can’t lock a swivel recliner which means it can’t be stationary. It will always have movement.
Now, let’s take a brief look at some recliner features you may also want to consider.
- Rocker or Glider Base: this recliner also allows you to rock back and forth. It is good if you have trouble falling asleep or you are nursing a baby.
- Massage: For even more relaxation, your recliner may come with a massage feature. Some also have heat options and are good if you suffer from muscle and joint aches and pains.
- Wall Huggers: if you need to place the recliner closer to the wall to save on space, then this feature allows you to do just that. It is good for smaller areas.
- Swivel Base: With this feature, you can pivot and move any direction you want while sitting in the recliner.
- Lay Flat: this allows you to lay completely flat in the recliner. A zero gravity chair can accomplish this. When you recline in a zero gravity chair, you may have a weightless sensation. It also allows you to relax more in a neutral position that elevates your feet while keeping them aligned with your heart.
Hopefully, we have helped you narrow down your choices for the best recliner chairs in the UK. As with any investment, you want to take your turn and do your research to find the best. When it comes to recliners, you want something comfortable and durable and ready to stand up to hours of daily use.
Our best recliner chairs reviews UK should be a great jumping off point for you as you hunt down your next recliner.