Hot rollers are one of today’s newest hair styling tools that can complete your desired look in no time. Unlike the regular rollers, heated rollers are – as the name suggests – heated before placing them into your hair to make long-lasting curls. These hair setters provide a convenient way of curling your hair without the hassle.
With the right hot rollers, a good hair day is now achievable every day. There are various brands out there to choose from, and looking for the best one can be a daunting task. Luckily, this article has everything you need to know to get you curled up the soonest time possible. Read on.
Types of Heated Rollers
Hot rollers come in different types. The goal is to know the best heated rollers for your hair type without breaking the bank. This styling set varies in material, finish, and heating technology. This portion will help you decide on the right heated rollers for your styling needs.
There are basically three heating systems used in heated rollers. They differ in how the heat is produced, and these are:
- Steam: rollers that use steam can create curls in as fast as ten minutes. This heating technology is perfect for people in a hurry. Steam hot rollers provide a great solution for your hectic morning.
- Ceramic-infused: Ceramic rollers can get rid of frizzy hair while keeping its natural moisture. The rollers heat up almost instantly, thanks to the use of infrared heat. The ions emitted by the material are the ones responsible for your frizz-free hair.
- Wax: Wax heated rollers heat pretty well and last for longer period of time. They are best suited for people with fine or straight hair, which are normally difficult to curl.
Rollers also come in various roller materials and types. You will have to familiarize yourself with these types, too:
- Ribbed: heated rollers that are ribbed are easier to remove once your hair is set. They are best for people who need to get their curls done fast in the morning without hassle.
- Flocked: Rollers that are flocked-type have a padded surface to curl your hair without causing damage. They are great for people who plan to use heated rollers often.
- Coil: Coil rollers are made of tourmaline, ceramic, or a combination of both. They emit ions to produce smooth and healthy curls. If you have frizzy hair, then this could be for you.
- Flexible, Stick: Rollers of this type let you curl your hair however you want without the need for clips. They can be purchased as heated or non-heated rollers, depending on your needs.
Factors to Consider
Knowing the different types of heated rollers is just one of the important things that you have to note. When buying heated rollers, you will also need to consider the following factors:
The hot rollers should be able to accommodate your hair type and create curls that last for a long time. Unlike the regular rollers, these heated ones are designed to extend your curls’ longevity.
Heated rollers should be quick to heat up and remain that way for a longer time. Those that have this capability will save you more time and will make styling more convenient. It will help to compare manufacturer wattage and specs to determine which model will heat up fast and stay hot as you style.
It is important to choose a reputable brand to ensure the set is built to last. Many consumers have opted for cheaper brands that do not have much product reviews and ended up regretting their decision.
The size of your hot rollers will depend on what you need. You will want to buy heated rollers that can accommodate your hair type and styling needs. There are roller sets that come in different sizes for versatility.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to heated rollers. It is crucial to know what type of hot roller will match your needs. People with thin or fine hair should go for heated rollers with variable heat settings.
This hair type requires less heat to style or risk damaging the strands. Those with thick hair, meanwhile, can tolerate more heat than thin or fine hair.
Top Heated Rollers Reviews
The rollers below are designed for versatility and ease-of-use. They can provide high-quality results without causing damage or hassle. They are chosen here because of their value for money.
BaByliss Thermo-Ceramic Rollers
This Babyliss heated hair setting kit provides excellent curls for various hair types. It comes with different roller sizes to accommodate your different styling needs. The variable settings allow you to set the temperature to match your hair type and preferred style.
This brand is one of the most reputable today. It works for most hair types, and constant practice will help you achieve the styles you often see done in salons.
Cloud Nine The O Pod
The O Pod is a great option for home use. While it is a bit pricey, the quality it delivers will make you realize its value for money. This model is capable of giving salon-grade results that you can easily do at home without a hassle. Its features can be used for different hair types, as well, including those thin and fragile ones. It also offers energy-saving features that will help you save on cost in the long run.
Remington Jumbo Curls Hair Rollers
These jumbo curls are great for people with long hair. If you want chic waves and added volume, then this could be your best bet. There are 12 ceramic hot rollers that feature ionic conditioning to keep your waves or curls frizz-free and smooth.
Furthermore, the rollers have an easy-grip technology and come with 12 color clips and pins to keep them in place. The cool-touch ends ensure your fingers are safe. Best of all, the rollers only take 10 minutes to heat up.
Remington Silk Rollers
These rollers are double-heated. It means both the clips and rollers are heated to deliver superb results. The pins and rollers are made of ceramic to produce silky, smooth, and frizz-free hair without snags or tangles. The smaller rollers can be used for people with shorter hair length.