Many people love to cook and they even spend a lot of time buying all the tools needed for cooking.
They are very meticulous when it comes to knives, pans, skillets, pots and more. They even buy electronic devices like oven, blenders and more to make cooking more convenient.
Small food processors became a vital part of the kitchen. As technology advances, more and more people are able to afford small food processors.
In the past, only wealthy people can actually afford them, but after a while, these food processors became available to normal households.
The main purpose of a food processor is to help you gain more convenient when cooking. The ingredients that would take time to cut and prepare will be finished in just a few seconds, thanks to a food processor.
Well, food processors are not really a necessity, but it provides a wide range of benefits. Let’s have a closer look at the different benefits of using small food processors and we will also include our top 5 best small food processors. Let’s get it on!
The Benefits of using Small Food Processors
There are different kinds of food processors in the market and you don’t really need to buy the big ones. They are very expensive and they are only applicable to restaurants or if you are constantly cooking large batches of food regularly.
Let’s check out some of the reasons why you need to use food processors in your kitchen.
1. Deal with Heavy Duty Tasks with Ease
One of the best benefits of small food processors is that you won’t have to do all the heavy duty tasks in the kitchen manually. What are the things that you do in the kitchen that would take a lot of time to finish?
Kneading the dough – kneading requires a lot of physical effort because you have to make sure that the dough is compact before they are turned into bread, pasta and more. Food processors can handle the kneading part and you just need to wait for it to finish.
Chopping ingredients – chopping ingredients takes a lot of time, especially if you need to chop different vegetables. If you have a food processor, it will be very easy to chop these vegetables. You just need to throw them on your food processor and it will cut the vegetables and other ingredients in just a few seconds.
With food processors, it will be much more fun and convenient to cook food for the whole family. You can cook your food faster and it won’t take too much of your time as well.
2. Save Time
This is the most important reason why you need to use food processors. We live in a society where both men and women are now working for the family. It means that we don’t usually have a lot of time to spend on cooking.
Even housewives can now find other things that they can do to earn a living while at home. By using a food processor, you can save a lot of time on your cooking.
If you spend 20 minutes preparing the ingredients manually, a food processor can help you save at least 10 minutes on your preparation time.
The time that you can save will be more noticeable if you are cooking a huge amount of food. Chopping a lot of ingredients can take you hours. If you are the only cooking in the kitchen, this is a good piece of equipment to buy.
3. Perfect for Almost Any Ingredient
Small food processors can be used for almost any ingredient in your kitchen. You can use it to slice carrots, tomatoes, chilies, onion, ginger, garlic, and more. It is extremely versatile so it can be used for almost any type of ingredient.
There are also food processors that can knead your dough and do other things that would make your cooking more convenient.
These processors are extremely durable and if you take care of it properly, you can use them for many years. It usually depends on the brand, but it will also depend on how you take care of your equipment.
We are talking about the price of food processors and they are very affordable. Let’s have a look at some of the best small food processors in the market.
Top 5 Best Small Food Processors
We all want very inexpensive items, but we should always look at the quality more than anything else. Here are some of the top small food processors in the market that are very affordable.
1. Homeasy Food Processor
- ✔MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOOD CHOPPER - This small food processor is equipped with 4 stainless steel blades and 2 modes to choose from. You can chop, grind various ingredients, such as onions, meat, ham, garlic, onion, small herbs. HOMEASY mini chopper is an ideal gift for your friend and family.
- ✔SHARP AND EFFICIENT - HOMEASY electric food proccessor comes with real power 350W, which is more efficient and fast. 4 stainless steel blades 4D design allows the upper and lower blades to evenly chop food from every angle of 360 degrees.
- ✔LARGE CAPACITY AND DURABILITY - HOMESAY food grinder is equipped with a stainless steel bowl and 2L capacity. Compared with glass bowls, it is stronger, healthier and shock-proof, ensuring durability. The joint connection between blade and the main body is made of stainless steel unlike other plastic one thus the blade is not easy to break off.
The first on the list is the Homeasy Food Processor and it is one of the best sellers in the market right now. It is very affordable and it provides all the things that you require from a small food processor.
Ninja Chopper is a portable device that can make food preparation much easier. This food processor can help chop ingredients with precision and prepare the ingredients that you need for cooking in just a few seconds.
It contains two sealable containers, blending pod for chopping of ingredients and also a portable blade. It doesn’t matter if you are chopping ingredients, grinding or just blending multiple ingredients. This particular food processor can do everything for you.
You simply need to put the blade inside the cup and put the pod at the top part of the processor and you are good to go. You can also seal and store the ingredients in the same container as it comes with handy lids.
All in all, this is an amazing food processor that is very affordable. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on this and you can even bring it anywhere you are since it is not too big.
2. Kenwood CH180A Mini Chopper
- MINI CHOPPER: This food processor has two speeds for control of chopping rate while creating your favourite dish
- PERFORMANCE: The powerful 300 W motor ensures excellent results for your chopping when you are creating rubs during meat preparation
- SAFETY FEATURES: The rubber feet provide grip on work surfaces and the bowl and body interlock for safety and security while cooking
Kenwood CH180A Mini Chopper is one of the most popular on this list simply because it is also the cheapest.
Other food processors are cheaper than this particular brand and model, but the Kenwood CH180A Mini Chopper packs feature that you cannot find with other more affordable models. Let’s take a closer look at all its features.
With the Kenwood CH180A Mini Chopper, you have total control on the chopping rate of the equipment. It has two speeds that would allow you to decide on the chopping speed.
It complements the 300W powerful motor that would enable you to chop even the hardest ingredients with ease.
As you all know, some of the food processors are not capable of chopping hard ingredients. The blades usually chip or the motor itself is not strong enough to chop or grind the ingredient.
The Kenwood CH180A Mini Chopper is completely different as it can cut through almost any ingredient that you put inside it.
It also includes rubber feet that would provide the grip necessary when the equipment is operating. This is for safety purposes and it will enable you to do other things while the food processor is chopping ingredients. It also has a 150g chopping capacity and a 0.35 litre bowl.
3. Russell Hobbs Desire Mini Chopper
- One touch operation - Say goodbye to complicated displays and endless buttons because this chopper only takes one touch. With one easy to use button you can simply hold it down and Be slicing, dicing and chopping away in no time at all.
- Dishwasher safe parts - we know that after enjoying a delicious dinner with your family The last thing you feel like doing is the washing up. So sit back and relax without worrying about the washing up, it’s the dishwasher’s problem now.
- 500ml capacity glass bowl - with a 1 litre glass bowl that has a 500ml capacity for food, you can chop away at enough ingredients for dinner for the whole family.
If you are looking for something stylish and modern, Russell Hobbs Desire Mini Chopper is your best choice.
It is not too expensive and it looks very sophisticated so it would fit your modern kitchen perfectly. It has a stylish matt black design along with red accents to make it more appealing. As for the features, let’s check them out.
The Russell Hobbs Desire Mini Chopper features a one touch operation. It means that you just need to put the ingredients inside and simply press a single button and the food processor will do its thing.
No complicated setups needed and you don’t need to press other buttons to get the right chop for your ingredients. It only takes a single button to do it.
It also has a 380W motor that can easily chop through almost any ingredients hard or soft. If you are worried about grinding or chopping hard ingredients, this brand can do it easily. With its 380W motor, you don’t need to worry about chopping the ingredients.
It has universal stainless steel blades and it can cut through almost any ingredient. It also features a 500 ML capacity glass bowl.
4. Kenwood Compact FP120 Food Processor
- EXCELLENT SAFETY FEATURES: The interlock can be found on the bowl itself and the food processor will not activate unless engaged properly
- WATTAGE AND WEIGHT: 400W and 2.17kg; cord storage and dishwasher safe parts including the blade for chopping and pureeing
- LARGE CAPACITY: 1.4 litre capacity making it ideal for preparing large meals, bread and pastry mixes and light creams
We have another Kenwood on the list and it is one of the most popular brands in this list. This is a top choice for most of the homeowners because of its design.
Compared with other small food processors, this particular brand allows you to add ingredients inside without opening it.
It means that while the processor is chopping ingredients, you can throw in other ingredients that you forgot to add. Pretty convenient, right?
It features an interlock that you can find in the bowl. You cannot turn on the process unless the bowl is properly engaged. This is made for safety purposes.
It also has a 400W motor that can cut and grind any ingredient that you throw in. This is one of its most amazing features. For a small food processor, a 400W motor is already pretty good.
It also has one speed and also a pulse action and this will enable you to control the blending speed of the chopper and obtain the perfect texture that you want on your ingredients.
It is also bigger than most food processors because it has a 1.4 litre capacity. It can be used for cooking large meals in the kitchen.
It has a stainless steel knife that is made from non-degradable stainless. It will not rust easily and it won’t go blunt even after several uses.
If you are looking for something extremely durable, useful and powerful, this is the best portable food processor to buy.
5. Cuisinart EC4HU Mini Food Processor
- Every chef needs a helping hand, make yours this mini food chopper with a two way motor and blades that can chop, mince, puree, emulsify, grind, crush and more!
- The 900ml bowl is perfectly sized for everyday use - chop an onion in seconds, puree baby food, create delicious dips and dressings, wholesome hummus or grind nuts, seeds or chocolate
- Blade Lock feature holds the blades in place even when you tip the bowl upside down to scoop or pour your ingredients safely
Cuisinart is extremely popular in the world for its amazing kitchen utensils. When it comes to the kitchen, Cuisinart completely understands your needs and the Cuisinart EC4HU Mini Food Processor is the one that you are looking for.
On this list, the Cuisinart EC4HU Mini Food Processor is the most expensive, but it is still within the £100 limit. Let’s check out some of its features.
It has a very compact design, which would allow you to store it with ease. It also features a 900ml capacity that is perfect for small quantities. It can also be used for any type of vegetable. You can just cut them into smaller pieces and the food processor will handle everything. It can be used for dips, dressings and many more.
It has a powerful motor that can cut through any ingredient easily. It is complemented by high grade and durable stainless steel blade that would help slice through any type of ingredient. The blade also rotates in both directions so you can use it for chopping or grinding purposes.
Even if this particular food processor is more expensive than others, it is powerful and durable enough to last for a long time. If you have a bit of money and you need a small food processor, this is your best bet.
Among all the small food processors mentioned in this article, the Kenwood Compact FP120 Food Processor is the best one. It is not too expensive and it is probably in the middle when it comes to price, but the features that it provides completely exceed all the other food processors on the list.
The most notable feature of this food processor is the design because you can put in ingredients even while the food processor is operating. You can add ingredients as you go on and you can put in liquid ingredients if you want without opening it.