Air compressors became a vital device for various industries. We can use it for the inflation of tires and you can use it for other things like spray painting and more. However, not everyone knows its real worth.
Many people simply buy the first product that they see on the market. It is because they all think that these products are just the same and they can provide the service that you need no matter which one you choose.
Looking for a 12V air compressor is not as easy as you think as it contains a lot of different features that you may or may not need. It also means that there are certain factors that you have to consider before you make a decision.
We will provide you a short overview of the best 12V air compressor and some basic information about this.
5 Best 12V Air Compressor Reviews
To find the best air compressors, you should first know the best brands and models in the market. We will provide a comprehensive review of the best air compressors that are currently available.
1. VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor
- Rated best tire inflator for most drivers by prominent product review websites!
- 12 VOLT - 60PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use.
- Portable air compressor powered by auxilliary power outlet. (The 85P can only be used if your outlet is rated to 15 AMPS/180 Watts or more)
Viair is one of the most popular manufacturers of air compressors in the market and they never failed to amaze the market. The VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is one of the latest portable compressors that they have on their list.
The VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor is a popular compressor that can inflate a 35-inch tire. It can do it from 0 to 30 PSI in just 5 minutes.
You only need to attach the supplied battery clamp and turn the unit on. You can monitor the air pressure with the use of the 5-in-1 inline inflator and deflator.
- 150PSI – maximum working pressure
- 12 Volts
- Heavy duty dual battery clamp
- Includes anti-vibration tray
- Extremely durable
Is it a Good Choice?
As a portable compressor, one of its main strengths would be the fact that you can bring it anywhere you want. It is not too heavy and it only weighs around 8.5 pounds so it is very useful when you are traveling.
It is also very convenient as you can inflate your tire fast. It means you won’t have to stay out of your car and spend a lot of time pumping on your tires with the traditional device. It also has a maximum working pressure of 150PSI, which is good enough for a small air compressor.
It works properly and it is very durable, but it would take some time before the device cools down. You will have to wait until it completely cools down before you can store it or keep it.
2. Ring RAC610 12V Analogue Tyre Inflator, Air Compressor Tyre Pump
- FIRM FAVOURITE WITH REVIEWERS. Over 1000 positive Amazon reviews for this easy-to-use inflator.
- FAST INFLATION. The RAC610 can inflate a 13” tyre to 35PSI in UNDER 4.5 MINUTES. It also comes with valve adaptors for use on bicycle tyres and balls.
- EASY TO USE. Just one button – no complicated settings. Simply switch on to start inflation, and off when inflation is complete. It’s that simple.
Are you considering getting the Ring RAC610 12V Analogue Tyre Inflator, Air Compressor Tyre Pump? This is one of the easy to use tire inflators on the market, and as such is quite popular. It is compact, looks good, and is also affordable. In a little under 4 and a half minutes, this inflator can fill a 13-inch tire from entirely flat to 35 PSI.
One of the advantages is that you do not need to be near a power source. Simply connect it to your car. This means that you can inflate your tires even when you’re in the middle of nowhere. This inflator uses only one button to inflate tires. The power cable is 2.9m long. The other advantage is that it can be used in different types of cars.
- It gives you fast inflation. You can inflate a flat tire in just under five minutes.
- It’s easy to use
- You can power it from your car’s cigarette lighter
- It has an airflow rate of 18-20L/min
- The air hose Is flexible
- It is small and compact enough to fit in just about any car
- It is affordable.
- The calibration can sometimes be off.
- It may have durability issues.
3. Sunvook Portable Air Compressor Pump
- 🚗 LCD Digital Display & Easy to use: The digital LED display allows you to set tyre pressure value clearly and accurately. Connect this tire air inflator to a 12V adapter, snap on tire valve, read and set pressure with digital readout, start pumping, it will automatically shut off while reaching at the preset pressure pressure +/- 0.5psi
- 🚗 Fast & Cool: Plug and play out of the box, takes 3-5 minute to fill up a standard size tire, fairly quiet, with bigger heat radiator, not getting too hot after inflating (note: After presetting the pressure, the display will flash for three seconds, then press the switch to start the car tyre pump)
- 🚗 Portable & Space-saving: The portable air compressor has a tube placement to collect, not messy and can also protect the air hose. The compact and lightweight design takes up little space and you could keep it in your trunk. A great tool to take along with your driving tours, no need to worry about leakage any more
Are you considering buying the Sunvook Portable Air Compressor Pump? Having a tire inflator on hand is important and an asset that you will be grateful for. It’s not always that you are in an area where you can get your tires inflated when the need arises, and let’s face it, you will usually have a flat when you’re in the middle of nowhere. This tire inflator is easy to use and it has multiple functions.
If you’re one of those people (like me) who never can tell when you need to stop, this inflater will switch off automatically, preventing over inflation. You will however need to pre-set it. It also has fast inflation speeds of 35L/min. It comes with three additional nozzles so that you can pump different tires such as motorcycles, SUVs, sports balls, and anything else that may need inflation.
- It is easy to use
- It can pump a variety of tires.
- It has an easy to read LCD digital display.
- It is compact and easy to carry around
- You can pump a regular wheel in under 5minutes
- It also has built-in storage for the cable, making storage easy and convenient.
- It does not support LT, HT, and Truck Tyres.
- If you want to use another compressor you will have to get an AC to DC adaptor
4. FYLINA AU01004 Updated Touch Screen Inflator
- Auto Shut Off: the car air compressor will automatically turn off once the tire Inflator reaches the required pressure. There is no need to worry about over inflating or low tire pressure. High quality motor and smart program design promise the accuracy of tire pressure
- Touch Screen Display and LED Lighting: the portable car tyre inflator is equipped with a high-sensitive large touch-screen display，you can read the pressure with psi, bar, KPA, kg/cm²values. With long-lasting LED lights,you can see clearly at night
- Strong Power and Fast Inflation: Stronger motor helps inflator a car tyre only within 4 minutes. It makes inflating Tires in emergency easier and more convenient. Durable ABS plastic and stainless steel keep it long lasting for using
Are you looking for an on the go tire inflator? The FYLINA AU01004 Updated Touch Screen Inflator is modern, that can get out of a “FLAT” situation in a hurry. One of the features I love about this inflator is its auto shut off mode which means that all you need to do is preset it, and let it do the pumping. You don’t have to constantly watch it.
It has a touch screen with LED lighting meaning that you can use it even when it’s dark out. It is not only good looking, but efficient as well, with fast pumping. You can pump a flat tire to 35psi in under 4minutes. Also, you can use it for long periods because of its durable construction. The 3meter long power cord also makes your life easier and allows you to easily reach all the tires.
- It is compact
- It has a long power cord
- It is fast
- It has LED lights which help you see what you are doing in case you need to inflate your tires at night or in the dark
- It has a digital display that is easy to read.
- It can not be used on trucks
- You will need an adaptor to use it on sports balls and mattresses.
5. EPAuto Portable Air Compressor
- Convenience: Plug directly into Cigarette Lighter Socket of your Vehicle. 12VDC, 10 to 15 amps, 120 to 180W. Equipped with 12V-DC Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug, NOT 110V AC plug.
- Multiple Uses: Inflate tires on cars, bikes, sedan and midsize SUV. (Engine size under 3.5 liter) Universal valve connector for schrader valve is ready to use. Additional adapters include needles value (for basketball, balls), short cone/long cone adapters (for inflatable kayak, swimming pool accessories, etc)
- Capacity: Does NOT Support truck tires, for instance: light truck tires (LT), heavy duty truck tires or any truck tires.
EPAuto Portable Air Compressor is currently one of the most affordable in the market, but it is also one of the best. Since it is very affordable and it can do the job completely, it is one of the best products on the Internet.
- Very convenient to use
- 70 PSI maximum working capacity
- 4 Display units
- Auto shut-off feature
Is it a Good Choice?
It is a great choice because the product itself is extremely affordable. Among the products on the list, it is the one that provides the best value. It provides an auto shut-off feature and it is very easy to use. You can prevent inflation because of the auto shut off feature.
The only issue with this air compressor is the working capacity. It only has a maximum of 70 PSI, which means that it is not advisable for huge trucks. It can be used for bikes or sedans, but you cannot use it for truck tires. It is not a good choice for remodeling purposes as well because the tank will have to be refilled more often.
Even if you already have an idea about the best air compressors, it is still important that you know a bit about its features. This buying guide can help you make the right decision when looking for an air compressor.
When it comes to size, we are not talking about the actual size of the product. This is about the storage tank of the air compressor. If you are getting a small model, 4 to 6 gallons would do the trick. The smaller tank is already useful for various projects like airbrushing and more.
If you need something for tires, you will need a larger tank with a higher pressure. They are often used for automotive work as well as various remodeling projects.
For the display, you want something that would provide you all the details that you need when operating the air compressor. You need to look for a model with a digital gauge because it will allow you to program the air compressor. It means that it would as soon as the pressure that you set is reached.
3. PSI Levels
For the PSI levels, you would want to get something with higher PSI, especially if the engine has the high horsepower. Higher horsepower will be able to create more air pressure and it can be measured in PSI.
Higher PSI would mean that the compressor can store much more air in your tank, which would allow you to use the air tools longer. You don’t want to buy something that would run out of air after a couple of uses, especially if you are going to use it for tire inflation.
4. Auto Shut-Off Feature
This is one of the most important features that you need to look for when it comes to air compressors. You need to look for a model with an auto shut-off feature. How does it work?
You need to preset a pressure level that you want and once the limit is reached, the device will automatically shut down. This is a very important feature so make sure that you search for this when buying.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the maximum pressure that Portable Air Compressors have?
Most of the portable air compressors have a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. You might find a few brands that may offer a higher PSI, but they are usually bigger.
2. Can I use a Portable Air Compressor to fill up the tires on my truck?
Yes, you can use a portable air compressor for the tires on your truck, but it cannot fill it. If the tire of your truck is not completely deflated, then a portable air compressor can help. If it is inflated, it won’t be able to accomplish it.
3. Does an Air Compressor need to be refilled?
Yes, an air compressor is not a bottomless pit. Once the tank is empty, the motor will start to kick in and the tank would be refilled. You will have to wait until it stops refilling before you use it again.
At the end of the day, searching for an air compressor will depend on how you plan to use it. You have to remember that these portable air compressors cannot be used for heavy-duty work. It means that you will have to look for a bigger one if you plan to use it for construction or remodeling purposes.