A hair dryer is an essential part of nearly every woman’s daily beauty regimen. It dries up your hair for its needed volume and shape. While it is often said that dryers can damage your hair when used every day, many of today’s available models now use technologies that can protect and style your hair at the same time.
One dilemma faced by people on-the-go, however, is bringing along a bulky dryer whenever they leave for quick styling. Luckily, there are already travel-sized hair dryers that provide adequate power and features to keep you looking great during travel. This article has everything you need to know about looking for the best travel hair dryer for your styling needs.
Factors to Consider
There are a few important things to consider when looking for a travel hair dryer. Aside from the fact that it has to be compact in size, here are other factors to note:
- Attachments: These things help make your hair drying experience easier and more convenient. You will want to find a dryer with attachments to accommodate your different styling needs. Examples of useful attachments are the nozzle, concentrator, and diffuser. Keep in mind that dryers with diffusers will need regular maintenance and cleaning.
- Speed and heat settings: The availability of multiple speed- and heat settings will come in handy because of the control they give you to prevent hair damage. There is no one-size-fits-all, but these variable settings will accommodate your changing needs. Many of the best travel hair dryers can work well for any preferred hair style.
- Durability and safety: All dryers use a high amount of energy, which is why it is strongly recommended that you invest in reputable brands. The cheap ones may be able to meet your budget, but your safety might be compromised due to poor quality. It is also important to only consider durable models to make sure that they last for a long time.
- Additional features: Professional-grade models offer more features than those for home use but the right one will depend on your styling needs. A salon-grade hair dryer is best suitable for users who wish to try different hairstyles but may be too much for someone who just wants to have a tamed hair every day. Additional features that are useful for both professional and home use include the ceramic technology, the cool shot button, a high airflow, and an automatic shut-off.
- Budget: How much you are willing to spend matters a lot when it comes to making a purchasing decision. Buying an expensive dryer does not mean it is the best choice for you. There are many models out there that offer high-quality features for a reasonable price.
- Charging time: Dryers that are battery-run normally require long charging times. You can choose a cordless dryer that uses replaceable batteries to help you save time, but a fast-charging corded model can help you save on costs in the long run.
- Warranty: Your dryer should come with a warranty to make sure it lasts long. It should protect your unit against leakage, damage, defects, and others for at least six months.
Best Travel Hair Dryer 2017
The wide variety of travel hair dryers available today can leave you feeling confused and overwhelmed. Below is a list of today’s best models on the market that you can consider. Each model comes with a quick product review to give you an idea on the item.
|BaByliss 2000W Travel Dryer||Lightweight but powerful & sturdy with fold-up handle; features variable voltage + one-touch heat & speed settings; comes with a nozzle for precision styling||Very Good||Affordable||4.3 / 5|
|Remington D5000 Compact Dryer||Compact design that features 3-heat settings; 1876W power unit weighs around 1lb + no wrist strain; variable speed settings, frizz control - ionic conditioning & eco-setting to save energy||Excellent||Affordable||4.8 / 5|
|Xtava ALLURE Jet Set Dryer||Dual voltage unit comes with diffuser & nozzle; cord stretches 5.9” long; equipped with a 1,100-watt motor, two-speed settings + 1.4-inch barrel||Very Good||Affordable||4.4 / 5|
|Bio Ionic Travel Dryer||Features short nozzle & dual-voltage; unit done in parallel design to fit snugly inside a bag; effectively reduce the frizz||Good||Affordable||4.0 / 5|
|BaByliss Nano Dry 1200W||Space-saver - smallest Nano hair dryer; variable voltage; speed & heat settings promising no hair damage||Very Good||Affordable||4.5 / 5|
BaByliss 2000W Travel Dryer
This neat mini hair dryer is lightweight but powerful and sturdy. Its handle folds up to make it portable enough to be carried along wherever you go. It features a variable voltage, meaning you can freely use it in other countries. The heat and speed settings can be used through a single switch. The unit comes with a nozzle for precision styling, and a carrying case to keep it protected when not in use.
Remington D5000 Compact Dryer
This Remington hair dryer is perfect for frizzy hair. It has three heat settings that can let you do a quick touch up or a full blowout whenever you want. Weighing only around a pound, the unit offers a compact design that you can easily bring along anywhere you go. Using it will be a breeze because its light weight will no longer require you to take breaks in between due to wrist strain. You will also like its variable speed settings, its ionic conditioning for frizz control, the eco-setting to help you save energy, and the 1,876-watt power that can meet your styling demands.
Xtava ALLURE Jet Set Dryer
This model has a dual-voltage that lets you use it wherever you are across the globe. It comes with a diffuser and nozzle for your desired hairstyles. The carrying case looks styling while providing easy storage. The cord stretches 5.9 inches long to make hair drying a breeze, even as you reach the difficult areas. Other notable features include a 1,100-watt motor, two-speed settings, and a 1.4-inch barrel.
Bio Ionic Travel Dryer
Dual-voltage is crucial when you are looking for a travel hair dryer. It will allow you to travel the world without worrying about the different sockets in various countries. The unit has a parallel design that fits snugly in your bag. The short nozzle lets you style your hair without taking up too much space. Thanks to its far-infrared technology, this dryer can effectively reduce the frizz to give you smooth and bouncy hair all day.
BaByliss Nano Dry 1200W
This nano hair dryer is truly one of the smallest around today. It helps you save a lot of space inside your bag, while still enjoying the luxury of getting to style your hair during travel. You will also enjoy variable voltage so it becomes usable even when you are abroad. The speed and heat settings will complete your preferred look-for-the-day without worrying about hair damage.
Travel hair dryers come in various designs, features, and price tags. What matters most is that you find a model that will match your hair styling needs. It should also come with a warranty to make your bond last longer.
Also read: Best Heated Rollers